The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Monday, June 30, 2003

Phew! So Many, Many Days Without Me Writting Here . . .
Must had gotten very, very lazy these days. >__<

Anyhow, CosFest 2003 is barely 6 days away and I can barely imagine myself as Galadriel. Well, one can say due to the skin color but actually, it's because I been sweating way too much these days that I wonder if I can keep my makeup on for even 10 minutes! @__@ Think it's about time I use that Free Makeup coupon I gotten from buying Qoo a month so so ago. But must go down to Orchard to settle the appointment first. Hai, if I had the choice, I'll rather go for a makeover (the cheapest is SGD58 at Far East Plaza) but I'm very, very broke rite now that I'll barely be able to pay for my Galadriel gown this Fri/Sat.

Anyhow, still got to do some beading on the "Belt". The picture doesn't show how the front of the Gown looks like so I'm using the design from Eowyn's White Wool Dress. Initially thot of just using those iron-on crystals on the Brocade Trimmings but the seller caution me against it so I had to somehow beaded the whole thing, if not the part that'll hang down. And must also add a kind of hard backing to the brocade to make it harder aka Galadriel's Gowns Belts.

And I've decide not to order my Elven Ears yet till I really, really can confirmed the shipping cost from Germany (the UK one don't sell the ears any more! >__< ). Everyone seems to recommand it but the person handling my e-mails about the shippings previously wasn't being that optimist about sending it without Insurances. Getting the Woochies ones seems like a more cheaper idea but the shipping again surpass the cost of the item (since when it doesn't? Wait, it didn't for my last purchase from US of those Jedi Comtech which cost USD36 but shipping was a mere USD5!). And the fellow who is selling them on eBay haven't replied to my question about making an exception for me (he don't ship outside USA). Just hope it's NOT because he replied to my now default SingNet Address! >__< Maybe I should start posting more on the LOTR_Costumes ML and ask who's willing to help me get and send those Woochies ears.

Sooo, I must keep my Blonde "Hair" covering my ears all the time this Sun. Hope too that I can pull my hairline a bit higher and trim my eyebrows a bit (unless I want the Haldir or Lucious Malfoy look! ^__^ )

Other than that, I must start on the mock-ups of my Hogwarts Robe. The Hogwarts patch will not be ready for ordering till much later and I'm still hesistated that we can't get a screen accurate one where it's only the Hogwarts Shield. Frankly, I thot of getting one of those 8" Hogwarts patch instead and cut out the shield only but I'll have the problem of the sides coming off and wasting USD16+++. Well, hope Jon or the person doing the patch can give us an option to get the shield made into the patch only.

As for the Pinafold, it's very, very bleak and think I can only afford it in Aug (July I promise to buy the WitchKing Sword from Danny). The cheapest I can get that is almost true to the color tone of the wool-like fabric is SGD9.50. At Chinatown, saw another option that is really wool but it's SGD12/m and not a cent less. And since I need at least 4 metres, every cent saved is essential. Hai. . . and I also must afford the wig since my hair is too long and find or get tailored the shirt (which so far I can overlook it since no one had done an accurate 1942 Myrtle *yet*).

And worse, that Xeno kid charge Yazid SGD100 for a below par Anakin Costume so Yazid can't pay me for the Jedi Food Capsules (SGD30) and Frodo Wig (SGD35; which I'll withhold till he pays up). If only I can sew stuffs with sleeves properly, I'm more than happy to do a much better and more accurate suit for the same price using better materials (Xeno used Cotton-Poly for the shirt which cost SGD1-2/m!). I'm one who values both good material and low cost remember? ^__^

Anyhow, think I better get thing going later today by begining on the beading of the belt. Kinda hesistated why I agree with Jeanette to meet FreshMeat at 7pm when I full know he gonna try to sell off his stuffs to us. Oh! It's because I want to find out when he's coming home to Singapore again and get him to buy for me those Woochies Ears and Black Liquid Latex. Will see how my mood will swing like later today. @__@

On a last note, check out the progress Julia and Leiasky did on their Elven Armors respectively. I wonder I'm really serious about doing either or both of the Elven armors when I'm done with my LOTR Costumes (1 Arwen, 1 Galadriel for Jeanette, 1 Boromir for Khelder & 1 fully armored Ringwraith No. 2 for myself). Frankly, I even wonder if I'll make any progress in my Zam Wesell armor by 2005! @__@

Oh! Must remember to get 140" of 1" Gold Ribbon and 10" of the Trimming for the other sleeves of the Galadriel Gown and have it delivered to the seamstress by 5pm today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home