The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Report, Comment & Whatever

CosFest 2003
It was okay. Very crowded compared to last year and I suspect due to the better timing (just after school holiday) and the Freebies. I came as Galadriel in her Illustration Gown and I suspect I kinda trash her cause I didn't have the correct hairstyle (the wig gotten delayed by another month cause the supplier not sure if I want tighter waves), tiara or the skin tone (must buy more proper makeups like Liquid Foundation, Concealer, Lipstick and trim my eyebrows!). And like before, I was using Felt Ear tips. Anyhow, the next time I do her again, I'm sure I'll be better. -__^

There is as many categories as last year, unfortunately. >__< Best Male & Female and Best Team. And no 2nd or 3rd placing, not even an announcement or a cert. Guess the advices I gave to Takahan had fallen into deaf ears. Anyhow, hope next year will be better; am not expecting to win but hoping the standards of the event can be raised to USA level, at least when it was in its infancy.

Other than that, no other comments.


Glueing That Ears
I unlurked myself again at the LOTR Costumes ML and asked for advices on what glue I should use to glue my ears. 3 of them recommanded PROS-AIDE ADHESIVE, said it had been proven to be effective for those who are very sweaty. Will order it when I got to know how much is the shipping cost and I got the money. For times being, guess it's Spirit Gum for me.

On another note, gonna send my photos of me in my Arwen & Galadriel Costumes as soon as I find some good, Front, Back & Side and Posing photos of it. Want to be the first Singaporean to be displayed there! -__^


More Ears
Called up Jewel's Costumes & Costumes & Mascot and guess what; they said they may carry those Woochies 2 Space Ears. @__@ And all this times I thot I have to order them directly from USA! Cost around the same price as the US ones (USD10). Planned to drop by Costumes & Mascots today to check it out since Joy said she got it at hand.


More Cosplay Events Before MAC?
Takahan posted this:
"i am thinking of forming a cosplay group for the AXN cosplay this September"

Not another one? I thot I can take a break from cosplaying so that I can fully concentrate on my LOTR costumes but seems not. Ya, I can either not attend it or wear my previous costumes but there's this temptation of wanting to do Vanilla from Galaxy Angels or something that AXN had shown before (other than Mitsuki from DUAL!).

NO! I can't give in! Must concentrate all my resources on my LOTR Costumes (and of course, Moaning Myrtle). Need to upgrade my Sevothtarte Costume too since I wasn't happy about it still.


What I Been Waiting For Is On Sale
Cheesecloth is on sale at Spotlight! ^__^ The usual Less SGD1 discount but I'm buying at least 10m so every dollar savings counts! -__^ Will get the 10m after July 12th (sale starts on July 10th).

Must also find where got sell Cotton-Poly cloth for SGD1/m or less. Will need lots to make the mock-up for my LOTR & HP costumes so the cheaper the better. Don't care if the cloth is plain or patterned as long as it's cheap and is cotton-poly like. -__^

Okay, got to save some CosFest photos and then get ready to go out to check out those ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home