The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Monday, October 27, 2003

Life Is So Fragile . . .To Make Full Use Of It We Must . . .

Mara_Jade_Fan
10/24 9:33am

I know most of you don't know Chanel (Padme_Skywalkr), the new Chapter Rep of San Francisco. She was only elected recently and her welcome thread remains on this page. I however, have had the great pleasure of meeting her and consider her my friend. Chanel needs your help now, if any of you are religious, I would like you to put Chanel in your prayers. Chanel is only 23 years old and the single parent of a little girl. Chanel has had some health problems for a while and had two heart attacks last Sunday. Sorry to cut and paste, but her Co-City Rep said it best:

Chanel suffered two major heart attacks on Sunday and during the operation to stabilize and correct her heart problems she also suffered a stroke. There is extensive damage to her heart and brain currently, and her stability has fluctuated through out the day in which currently she is unconscious. There has been swelling in the brain and the left hemisphere is, as far as the doctors can tell, has suffered damaged. Last night they conducted further tests to see if Chanel can breathe without the use of a breathing apparatus machine and also use a radioactive isotope tracer to track blood movement throughout her brain to see if there is still blood getting through. Tomorrow they should have a clear indication on how much damage there possibly is and if it can be recoverable. We all wish that Chanel will come through this with everything she has.

As her friends needless to say we all wish our deepest hopes that she will recover. Her strength for living has always come from her friends and now she needs that strength more than ever. So by either prayer, good and warm thoughts, a projected Jedi healing trance... it doesn't matter, let's all send her our power now, more than ever. I will write again tomorrow after I go back tomorrow and know more. May the Force and the love and support of all of us be with Chanel.

Also another thing is that they do not allow flowers in the ICU. I assume it's due to biological pathogens or possible allegies to pollen. Regardless other things like teddy bears, any pictures would like to share, balloons, cards, and things like that are fine.


When Chanel came down to see the John Williams concert at the Hollywood Bowl at the end of August, she surprized me by giving me this pink and white fabric Lei she had made for me. I've been wearing that Lei daily, and I've decided to keep wearing it. Then when people see me wearing it and ask why I am wearing it, it gives me the opportunity to talk about Chanel and share with them what a great person she is.

Thanks for reading this.

Linda




Mara_Jade_Fan
10/24 10:27pm

Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind words. It is with great sadness I tell you that Chanel passed away this evening and is now at one with the Force. If you wish to post your condolences on the San Francisco Fanforce forum, that would be appreciated. They are arranging for some sort of College fund for her daughter, so more information on that will be forthcoming.


Yesterday, I got to know that a newly elected and fellow City Rep had passed away on Sat (USA time). Her name was Chanel Vanecek aka PadmeSkywalker/padme_skywalkr and unknowingly, I had actually spoken with her many months ago at Cosplay.Com Forum about Matrix Costumes and our little adventure when The Matrix Reloaded came out in our respective countries.

It's pretty sad to see someone so young passed on so suddenly; especially when she is only 18 days older than me and already a mother to someone. Life is short and Chanel had indeed touched many lifes with her kindness, consideration and undying passion to help others. Today, I'll shed tears for her passing and pray that her family and daughter will find some comfort soon on the sudden passing of their beloved mother, daughter and friend. -__- And hope the little donation I made to her Daughter's Collage Fund will go somewhere in helping to lessen the financial burden her family will face.

As a Mark of Respect, had added the Black Border around my Username at TFN Forum, as what the other CR had did. Had also recommanded we keep it on for 3-7 days from the day of her funeral as Mark of Respect. -__-

Here also the Rebel Legion's Tribute to her:
FALLEN REBELS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home