The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Friday, October 31, 2003

What A Way To End Oct . . . . @__@
Moomba posted this at SgAnime Forum:
". . . Z_Wesell kinda summarised how to make wings (i suspect he took most of the info from my site, considering how similiar his instructions are to mine, and cos he hasn't made wings by himself yet... but this argument is a diff story). . . . ."

'ehem 'ehem! I was the one who gave her all the infos about making wings when she first said she's in the AS Group (and I still have the e-mails). I was the "Jessica" of dvador@singnet.com.sg who send her links telling how to make wings and wrote to her about how other previous AS Cosplayers did their wings. I was the one who told her the trade secrets of the other AS Cosplayers wings making and where we gotten our supplies rite down to the pricetags of the items at Spotlight and Arts Friend. I was the one who been probing many people locally and foreign on how to make wings. >__< I was also the one and only who keep saying to make prototypes on ones' 12" doll to get an idea on how big to make the wings (yes, 12" Maul is my test subject cause he is 12" tall and humanly proportion. I'm a few inches taller than 60" so easy to scale up if using 12").

Fine, she do not know Haldir at the Forum is also Z_Wesell at SingaporeAnimeNews, who is also Jessica at SGCosplay ML, especially that at the later forum, very few people people are calling me by name and when they do, it's "Jess", but how can she said I copied from her website. @__@ Frankly, I don't remember her mentioning on her website that "Jessica" was the one who gave her many tips on Wings making. >__<

Adoi! Bulan Puasa banyaknya C-U-B-A-A-N! O__O


Anyhow, on a good note, I had finally gotten my Black Velvet from Chinatown for the body part of the Arwen Mourning Dress. It's Polyester Jersey (I think!) and cost me SGD9/yard from the initial SGD10/yard. Gotten 6 yards only cause I highly doubt my seamstress really need 7 metres for it, especially that the cloth is more than 60" wide. When I had the John Howe Illustration Galadriel done, the fabric was 60" and she used up about 5-6 metres (I gotten back a lot of fabric). And that is inclusive of the sleeves (which comes to about 1 metre). For this gown, I only need the Body part be made using that Velvet so must disincluded 3 metres at least. Technically, I need 5.5 metres the most for the body part and 6 yards does come to about 5.5m (1 yard = ~90cm I heard).

Never mind, if not enough, can go back to get more as the bolt still have many metres of fabric left. The gown is not suppose to be THAT wide anyway as illustration by one of the sketch I gotten off someone's website so my seamstress can get 2 panels from 1.5m of the cloth. Will check with my seamstress later today when I go to take and pay up for my Neo and Trinity Reloaded/Revolution Coats. -__^

Err, can I hutang a bit for the costumes, maybe SGD50?
(Mini Maul: No you can't, as you have more than enough money to pay for it now!)
Me: -__-

Other than that, the Wig Shop aunty said she may get the wig shipment next week so hopefully both my Vanilla Wig (with the same Light Blue Hair Extension) and Galadriel Wig will be in that box. So next week, I'll be SGD58 poorer. -__- Hai . . .still need to order my Adam Kadmon Wig and probably a proper wig for Arwen too since next year, I have to cut my hair (will start with something Trinity length like and a month later, Padawan OB1-like).

Next year, I better not have any more costumes tailored out. If I do need a new costume (which I do for Haldir March Warden, Rumil/Haldir Elven Archer, Arwen Blood Red, Adam Kadmon, PoA Slytherin Student, Zam Wesell, Sabe: Royal Decoy, Easterling, High Elven Infantryman, Mourning Amidala aka Cynthia's Fan Art Dress, Angel Guard, Jibrille . . .wait, I'm also putting in my Future Costumes which I may scrape off the list! O__O ), must do everything myself. -__- I can sew; just need the practice and confidents.

Anyhow, after going to Chinatown, I went to Plaza Singapura's Carrefour to get for my bro the Smoked Salmon. Also gotten some Vegetable (Reminder to self: DO NOT BUY heavy vegatables like Onions and Cabbages, and Seafood when you go shopping at Carrefour or other Supermart that is far from home!), Seafoods (Ikan Bawal and Grey Prawns), Apple Pie (was SGD5.90 from usual SGD9.90 so I can afford it; been wanting to eat it for months), Drink, Face Washers, Dress Plastic Covers, Small Washing Machine Netting Bag and door hanger (the one thing I was suppose to get for months to fully utilize everything in my room!). Total: SGD103+ O__O Must deduct that from the marketing money of Nov.

While there, also wanted to get the Toyogo plastic container that can go under the bed (so I can use to store my Mangas or CDs or Video Tapes or Books) but realized that I'm not sure how much space I got left under the bed cause I still haven't clear the space up or put in those boxes that I had bough previously that can also go under the bed (Frankly, 2 of the boxes from IKEA are still empty!). Also saw this Plastic Books/CD Organizer that can stack on top of each other but it cost SGD7.90 for that small piece each and the divider is not removable (am looking for some sort of bookcase that can go at the head of my bed and can accomodate my story books, First Aid Boxes, Torchlight, Alarm Cloak and donno what other garbages being display at the head of my bed rite now). Yup, I'm pretty stingy about some things but that's the way cause I have very limited funds. Oh yes, it's called Thrifty. -__^

Okay, got nothing else to say about today . . . . .



Oh, wait! I had paid Cat USD25.10 for the Buttons for my Arwen Mourning Dress. The buttons actually cost USD23.99 with shipping but I'm paying her through PayPal so must also add in PayPal's 2.9% + USD0.30 service charges. She been nice and encouraging to me lately (with the case of my Arwen BR Dress Scan being sent in without asking me first >__<) so I felt most needed to pay her exactly what I owned her. It'll only be USD22+ if I had paid her exactly USD23.99. Err, hope the extra charges do not apply to our transauction as we're from different countries (My Debit are in USD and we're both using Personal Accounts so shouldn't be charged extras I think).

Now waiting for Replica-Collection.Com to reply back how much I need to pay them for my Shades. Hope they remembered that I want USPS Global Priority Shipping!

Okay, got to turn in for the nite. I still need to go to The Falcon Hanger at Bukit Timah Plaza in the mid afternoon to place my order for the Rubies Elven Brooches and maybe even try to reserve the Rubies Trinity Shades in case I can't get my shades in time for next Sat's The Matrix Outing. Darn! Midget No. 1 told me to get for him the Neo-like shades from Bugis Village too. >__<

I need to eat now . . .didn't have proper meals today even tho' I can't fast. o__O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home