The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Shopping Trips At Arab Street Today . . . . .
Today was my day off from work so had tried to do what I had done before I got this job again today. After disposing the Gandalf Beard at work, I took the MRT to Arab Street and start my stalking for things I may use for my costumes and props.

Over at C. Rashiwala Bros. shop, I looked through their catalog as usual and spot the trimmings I could use for my LOTR Costumes. As before, the one with the diamond shapes in Gold and Silver Brocade is still out of stock. >__< I could use it for my Fountain Guard (or at least help Fariz complete his); trimmings for the Ivory/Beige color Tunic and the Black Cloak, but seems like luck still not on my side.

Also looked at the other trimmings and I see 1 or 2 that can pass off as the ropes for Eowyn's Shieldmaiden Dress Sleeves. The only problem for one is that it's double braid and has a rope braided in while the other it has a pale brown threads braided into it.

Then it crossed my mind to upgrade my Arwen Mourning Gown Trimming and spot loops trimmings that I may be able to add to my dress' trimmings. But since I can't remember the width of my trimming (shame on me! @__@ ) and those loops comes in 2 design and 3 sizes, I leave it for another day.

And upon looking carefully at the beaded and embroderied trimmings, I can across a number that can pass off for Arwen Mourning Gown Trimming. The one I'm most interested in cost SGD190 per 7.8m O__O and it measured about 1 1/2" wide. It's in Antique Gold with Muddy Brown backing, and fully beaded and embroderied with Wire Bullion. Well, think I'll need about 2 metres for the Arwen Mourning Gown Trimming since the ones for the sleeves has to be double up to form the correct wide (3" rite?) so the rest has to be kept away for future projects OR sold off on eBay. It's isn't THE Trimming but it's pretty close and with addition of the Bluish & Reddish Beads and putting it on a red background (I still got lots of the red cotton fabric used for the current trimmings), it'll look 10x better than my current one. O__O Well, if I get it, it's meant for my 2nd Version of the Arwen Mourning Gown when I become too thin for my current one and also found a new supply of cheap SGD15/m max Silk Velvet, which currently seems far, far away. >__< Well, will calculate my savings first before I do get it and ask around if such trimming is sellable on eBay.

The other alternative the shop owner/worker told me is to make the whole trimmings myself using the Ready-To-Sew-Down Bullion Strands, Beads and Bullion pieces they have in store. But it may be tedious and I'm still yet to be able to make my own dress from scratch even; let alone embrodery works! @__@

Other than the trimming for that Arwen Dress, I also saw some beaded flower pieces, sold in metres, that can be used for Galadriel's Dress Belt. There is 1 that can be used almost "raw" (aka just sew it down to a base for nicer look) and cost SGD69 per metre but it's sold out. Then there is another that has the beaded flowers almost like the ones for Galadriel but the White or Transparent ones are sold out (why is it that the trimmings I needed are all sold out? @__@). The other alternative and the one I may use cost SGD30/m so will decide later if I really want to explode my money on it, other than be sure of the amount I need. The Galadriel Prolog Dress Project is many month in the future anyway, when I'm a LOT slimmer and can do a gown well. -__^

Then, went to my usual cloth shop and gotten 4+m of Grey Cotton Drill (SGD2/m) and 4.7m of this Black Cotton-Polyester Fabric (SGD3/m) that is soft. The Grey will be for the outer layer of my Lothlorien Archer/March Warden suit while the Black for my Gothic Lolita Dress.

Also gotten 1m of Lace Trimmings for my Gothic Lolita Dress for SGD3.30/m. Now if only I can get a seamstress that can do it for under SGD50. . . . . .

Ps: Isn't it shameful for someone who called herself an Eowyn Fanatic, other than declaring that she watch LOTR regulary, that can't even tell how many dress Eowyn has in the movie; and can't even name 3/4 of them? Hai. . . .some people. . . . . @__@

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home