The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Thursday, March 10, 2005

THERE WILL BE A LINE PARTY!!!! \/^__^
Call this SMS from Reno this morning:

"There will be Line Party on May 19th. I asked Shaw to do it for the fans"



So I'll reply back to thank him and ask if they need people to handle the various parts of the Line Party. Well, personally I doubt we can do the full schedule I had cooked up (Late Afternoon till Night with the Climax being ROTS Midnight Screening) as that need more manpower and lots and lots of participation from the Fans other that it's meant for May 18th, a day before the May 19th Official Release, so something similar to that of the LOTR one will be cool, but with a part for General SW fans not in costumes/armor and for those passing by too. -__^

Hey! I'm no Iman who want to handle EVERYTHING that gots to do with LOTR (tho' I must confess I am a Tyrant and Queen Control at heart but with some self-control). I'm even resorting to my fate over the SW Exhibition as Anna had contacted Adam from the sg_starwars ML instead to handle stuffs. =__= Hai...guess Ross didn't tell her about me while Yu-Ann didn't noticed that I'm the City Rep of the Singapore Star Wars FanForce? o__O

Anyhow, this is what Adam had posted the other day at the ML:

Dear all SW members, I just came back from a meeting with the Asst Chief Executive of Science Centre.

Yes, it is CONFIRMED...

Science Centre will be doing an exhibition for SW just like the one that they did for LOTR, only that this time ard, it will be bigger!!!

The estimated period will be from Nov 2005 to Mar 2006.

I have been tasked to help them seek out likeminded SW fans to participate in the planning of this mega event....this thing will be big....the budget that they allocated is quite substantial.

They are also working with 20th Century Fox and Lucas Films to bring in stuff. One of the side event is the screening of SW in the Omni Threatre.

Currently, I am working with them on the other activities which will make the exhibition big enough to bring in tourists in addition to local. They are also working with EDB and STB to promote the event.

More publicity will be announced after the EP3 screening in May. There will also be a Charity Premeire of EP3 ard 12 May before the actual screening.

Right now we are still in the brainstorming stage, we are even thinking of getting GL in for a speech.

We might also work with Hasbro to bring in some limited edition toys which is only available to us!! Certain actors from EP3 might also be brought in to do the autograph of toys and stuff.

There will also be costume competition, etc.

What I need you guys to do is if you are interested to be in the organising or sub committee of this event, pls email me your Name, Contact Number, Profession and how you think you can help out!!!

I will then rope in those selected to meet the Asst Chief Exec or Events manager of Science Centre.

Adam
So what I can do it to contact him to say I'm interested in being part of the organization of activities and see what happen.

For now, got to continue my CR work and plan for the SW Line Party 2005. -__^

Darn! I need to go to Spotlight to get that 16" Invisible Open-End Zip as I lost the one I gotten on Sun =__= and get those McCall's Patterns I need (McCall's Buy 1-Get-2-Free!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home