The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Saturday, May 31, 2003

Am Broke But Happy . . . .
Settle a few stuffs "yesterday":
-Cloth for Galadriel's Gown
-Strapless from Robinson
-Check out Spotlight Orchard
-Trimmings for Galadriel's Gown

For Galadriel's Gown, I ended up with what looks to me as Japanese Crepe Satin but was said to be Silk Satin. Actual price was SGD5.50/m but I managed to bargain for SGD5 cause I gotten 7m. Wanted to get Satin Back Crepe but it doesn't have the Lilac/Lavender color I need. Anyhow, the fabric doesn't seems to be that translucent.

Also gotten the trimmings for her collar, above elbows and the belt. Both are Brocades and feel quite thick. The collar one cost SGD1/m (gotten 1.5m) while Belt SGD3/m (2m). Also spotted a slightly plain one (SGD1.60/m?) that I can use for the bottom of the skirt since with the 2 are shiny gold (and I can't find the Gold Ribbons at Spotlight that is not wired and is at least 1" wide). Now to find out how much I'll need and to see if that trimming is thin enough to allow the skirt to drape (if it's isn't, then I'll use some cheapo Gold Ribbons from Spotlight or that shop at AMK Central).

While on Galadriel's Gown, I'm having 2nd thots on getting it done in time for CosMas. Firstly, it's the cost of the tailoring; I fear it'll go beyond SGD70 which is my miserable budget for it. Secondly, the belt which I must do myself and that means having to sew/iron onto the Brocade triming some crystals or beads and then sew/iron on a hard backing to make it thicker. There is absolutely NO ROOM for Booboos (and I have not much idea what backing to use). Thirdly, the Crown which I also must do myself. Maybe not much problem cause I'm opting for a simplified version of the movie one but since I haven't try it out (and only got my current Blonde Wig as the crown measure), there is a risk for Booboos. Forthly, there is only 12 days till I leave for KL (fine, she can do it within a week but still . . . )

But since I had decided today to delay my Myrtle's Pinafold to another time (again! @__@ ), I may barely afford the tailoring cost. Will have to check with my seamstress on Monday or Tuesday.

Now that brings us to Myrtle's Pinafold (or what I think it is!). Today, I didn't get to look throughly at the cloths at the cloth shop (both Chinese ones and more) cause I arrived late and spent too much time deciding and buying the trimming. Anyhow, I spotted a few that might suit my taste for Light Charcoal Grey in the usual School Uniform fabrics book but they cost a LOT. The Tropical Wool ones cost SGD20+/m while the other the cheapest was SGD10/m. >__< I'll need at least 4m for the pinafold and that pricing is too much for my already so miserable budgets. The uncle recommanded Cotton or Polyester which cost SGD4-6/m but they don't have the multiple grey tones I need for the Pinafold. Fine, I got a lot of flexibility with Myrtle cause the actual design and fabric of what's under her Robe is still questionable (and the ones we see her wearing supposely had been weathered heavily) but I really want it to be as close as possible to my assumptions and not far from the colors used for the present day student's skirts/pants. Well, looks like for the June HP cosplay, I'll wear my vest and YJC Skirt and make sure my Robe is closed at all time so people wouldn't get to see how inaccurate is my uniform. >__< Looks like Myrtle is gonna be a long term project like the rest!

Anyhow, the uncle at the shop found for me the same fabric as I gotten for my Neo Coat and future Myrtle's Robe. It's 45" though and the uncle didn't really say how much it cost (suspect the cheapest will be SGD4.50). So I told him to put it aside for another time when I'm sure how much I should get and got the money.

Later on, I had my dinner at Raffles' Hospital Cafeteria. Had Fishballs Noodle Soup costing SGD3 and it was very nice (Aaaaaa! The miracles of eating there once a month/bi-monthly/quaterly). I had actually eaten it before there at the first time I ate at the Cafe but this time, I choose the soup instead of dry (and good thing I did cause I asked for too much Chili Padi as usual!). One of these days when I can spare a lot more cash, I really want to try the Western Food there which may be in 1-3 months' time?

Anyhow, after my appointment with Raffles' Hospital Cafeteria, I went to Spotlight Orchard to spot any last minute sale. Well, there isn't any and the cloth section is a lot messier than before. So I went over to the craft side and looked around for the buttons for Neo's Coat. Only found 1 card with 4 buttons (the 5th button was chipped and a size larger); never mind, Neo's coat won't get done till much later in Sept or Oct. Then I spotted that all the Krylon Metal paint and Primer cost SGD10 each for VIP members. So I gotten a can of White Primer. Spotted a nice Butterfly on a pole brooch costing SGD3.29 so I gotten it too for either my Arwen or Galadriel's cloak (if I ever get to do it!). I also spotted Kaika but she was busy on the phone. When I get the items paid, I was charged SGD10.63 and to my horror, there is another 20% discount for the Primer even though SGD10 was already it's discounted price. Should had gotten another can of Krylon Color or Primer or Metal Paint.

Then, off to Robinson to finally get my Strapless. Gotten Wacoal which I should had gotten back in Feb and it cost me SGD37.40. @__@ Well, it's cheaper than my usual Mark & Spencer ones (the last time I gotten one myself, it was SGD59.90! But it's very comfortable) so that is a little comfort. It's just nicely fit me and it seems I can't do without the straps so I got to get one of those plastic clear straps soon.

Okay, that's all my report for my day outside the house. Will ramble more later today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home