The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Finally Gotten My Issue Of Roadshow.
Went to Kinokuniya Liang Court just now to get it before it disappear. Cost me SGD22 but it's worth every cent cause it got 6 photocards of the main characters from LOTR: The Two Tower. Well, since those cards are being sold for SGD6-15/pc, it worth a lot to me.

I was also naughty just now at Kino and bought COSMO (COStume MOdel Magazine) #002 which cost SGD22.40. Gotten it cause it show nice pictures of cosplayers from Japan (got Harry Potter ones too!) and some guide on basic costume construction, make-up and tips. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll also get #001 next month which was also there. Yub, no Sushi Salmon for me and probably till July in favor of the magazine.

While at Pastime Toys, I discovered that the aunty can order the full IRG cloak and helmet for SGD300 from USA. Wonder who's the culprit who is selling it cause IMHO, all serious IRG either made their own or commision it to someone nearby. Hmm, the helmet the max will cost SGD150 (the cost of mine was USD45 + USD41 shipping) so that makes the cloak SGD150! @__@ Bloody expansive! Fine, I may pay that price if it's LisaFett who made it (cause she make one that is as accurate as can be, with the same velvet used on screen and with velvet lining based on ROTJ design and years of research with Azeem as her ginny pig -__^ ) but not others. How much did I spend on my cloak? SGD18 for fabric and a day for cutting and sewing. The most, I'll spend SGD72 on fabric and that is still half of what was charged (the sewing part, if using my method is very simple and I seems to make it faster as I made more cloaks). Anyhow, I don't like the idea cause the helmet MUST be repainted and this will cause it to not match the cloak later. Well, maybe I'm just the typical serious SW Costumer, who will sweat directly for their costume no matter what.

Okay, gonna do some net surfing, do more work on my websites and try to recharge Celebro so tomolo when there is electricity disruption, I can still use him for a couple of hours.

Hmm, I can hear Mini Maul wailing and sulking in the corner over me getting the COSMO magazine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home