The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Friday, December 12, 2003

I GOT IT!!!!!! ^__^
I had gotten a pair of tickets to the Dec 15th VISA ROTK Gala Premiere at SHAW Lido. ^__^ Am so happy rite now that I can fly like a Clefairy.

Okay, this is what happened to me getting the tickets:
A few weeks ago, while surfing online for any Singapore related webpage, I found the news page for VISA Card.

This part of the news catch my eyes:
". . . A roadshow, hosted by DJs from the Morning Express Show, the Flying Dutchman, Glenn Ong and Rod Monterio, will be conducted at Caltex House on 12 December. Interactive games and quizzes will be conducted at the roadshow, where another 65 pairs of Gala Premiere tickets and limited edition sets of “The Lord of the Rings” car decals await Visa cardholders. To participate, all it takes is your Visa. . ."

So armed with my "Useless" OCBC Moi Electronic Visa Card (I still haven't figure out how to use it for online buying for years!), I went down to Caltex House today at about 12.30pm to check out how I can get the tickets.

Upon reaching there, I saw the contestants playing a Snake-And-Ladder like game with only 15 walking space. The Flying Dutchman was dressed like Gandalf the White, Glenn Ong as Aragorn and Rod Monterio as Legolas (who ended up looking like "Jack" from the Alternate Council Of Elrond which the LOTR Group is thinking of reactmenting this Dec XD ). The contestants have to throw the sponge dice and then move up the board according to the amount they gotten on the dice. For certain space, there is stuffs to do (Task, Forfeit, Quiz, Go Down to 4, Go Up To 15th, VISA Special Gift etc). Some of the stuffs I remember:

Quiz
- Where is the stronghole of Saruman?
- Where is the stronghole of Sauron?
- How much must a VISA Card Holder spent to get the Sure-Win Scratch & Win Coupon?
- What race is Gollum?
- What race is Gimli?

Task/Forfeit
- Ask for a free Ice-Cream
- Piggyback someone from the audience (Most common)
- Kiss Rod Monterio
- Act out a dialogue from the Movie
- Hit the target using the Bow & Arrow

After watching for some time, I asked the VISA people how I can get involved and they told me that as long as I got the VISA card, I can enter. After showing them my VISA Electronic Card, I line up with about 20 other people.

In front of me was this lady who knows peanuts about LOTR and keep asking me what the DJs were saying about. Luckily she cleared the game with only a few Dice throw.

At 1.50pm, it was my turn to join in the game and I throw a 2. Shared the Space with this Indian man who was quite friendly. Later, when it was my turn again to throw the dice, I throw a 4 and got to the 6th space which has a "Sword" that allows me to go to the 15th Space which is the "Home". And I got my tickets. ^__^ After shaking hand with The Flying Dutchman, I went down.

Later, after I retrive my 5kg bag O__O (containing my Costuming Files and Books) this pair of gals asked me what was I wearing on my neck. Told them it is the Rubies Evenstar that was worn by Arwen and Aragorn. Then we started talking and they told me they had also gotten the tickets too and will be coming to the Premiere in their Arwen and Eowyn Dress. Told them to watch out for me in my Arwen Rose Dress on that day. Also gave them the address of TheFalconHanger Bukit Timah since they are also interested in getting the Evenstar.

Then I gotten my butts home to savour my little success. ^__^ Will have to scan every single page and cover of the tickets later like I did for the AOTC Charity Premiere one. -__^

Looking back, I been wanting to go to the LOTR Gala Premiere since I won the ticket to the FOTR one but wasn't able to go as it was 2 days before Hari Raya Puasa and it started at about 7pm. Then I saw the one for TTT over at TORN and see how inaccurate the Talents are dressed like so had been planning to "attack" the Party for ROTK with the rest in our more accurate LOTR Costumes.

But now seems like I don't need to as I am going to the ROTK Gala Premiere. Frankly, I'm now wondering if I can get some members of my LOTR Group to pull the AOTC Charity Premiere Free Ticket Trick by making them come in their costumes and through that convinced the organizer to give them free tickets. XD


More Quizes
you're an elf!
You're an Elf!
Good for you! Elves are my
favorite race! Elves are wise, lovers of
nature, and never grow old. I can't think of a
single downside of being an Elf! Good for you!


Are You a Hobbit, Dwarf, Human, Elf, or Orc? (Lord of the Rings Related)
brought to you by Quizilla

merry
Congratulations! You're Merry!


Which Lord of the Rings character and personality problem are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

No wonder I got this idea that Merry got this "Evil" look to his face. o__O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home