The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

No, The Singapore Jedi Didn't Come Out This Year @__@
My Singapore Jedi Costume was a mess; what happened what that there is something wrong with the Arm Holes & Shoulder Length of Simplicity 5840. So instead of looking like an idiot with a shoulder seam that is TWICE the length of my own shoulder, I dunk it in favor of a Red Turtleneck with the Official Red NDP04 T-Shirt from Hang Ten (courtesy of TheElvenQueen who owned me money). Will go back to recut the Arm hole another day.

Anyhow, the NDP Parade this year was not bad. Had made the right choice of offering the spare ticket to TheElvenQueen as she had never been to one before so I hope this is an experience she'll remember should she never get the chance again to attend NDP.

Didn't get to spot my bro till the whole parade was done and I went down to the field to look for him. Apparently, I was seated in the Green Sector, to the Left of the Grandstand while he was mostly located near the front of the stage while on the field.


Anyhow, check out this article about CosFest 2004 published in the Malay Newspaper, Berita Harian on Tue. Hai.....my response:

@__@
Hai...donno what the Malay Community will think of Cosplaying in Singapore now with that article.

Anyhow, it reminded me of the article about me & Hira, and my 3 Jedi Padawans (Yazid, Xeno & Anas) published last year. Must locate it, scan it properly and stitch the article together to form 1 full article like I did with the one published this year. I think I still own Yazid a .jpeg copy of that article. -__-

For those interested in seeing how my full Haldir March Warden Garb look like, check out this and this photo for a full body shots. -__^ Since then, I had bring the neckhole to nearer to the edge of the cloak, Zig-Zag stitch off the raw edges & undo the Sash to have the raw edges finished properly. Now need to resew the sash properly, add the V-Patterning on the Outer Tunic, add a Faux middle Tunic and maybe dye the Inner Tunic a darker Grey (but still lighter than the outer). Will also need to add more hair to the wig and braid it properly.

Hmmm....is it just me or I kinda look like a child when my glasses are off and I smile sweetly?@__@

Oh! Forget to say:
I had completed my first New Gondor Tree Pennet on Tue night/Wed night. Certain parts near the Bias tape was a bit screwed up due to the state of the edge of the Velveteen but I managed to fix it with Zig-Zag stitches to ensure the Bias Tape and Velveteen are stitched together. Looking back at it, I seems to like the design of the Zig-Zag on the Bias Tape. Maybe will try doing a proper one for the 2nd New Gondor Tree Pennet. -__^

Will also need to figure out how to hang it as a Pennet when needed and how to fix some Curtain Bar above my Bed's Headboard so I can hang the Pennets like how they were hung above the Strider Costume at the LOTR Exhibition when it was in Singapore. -__^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home