The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Sunday, March 30, 2003

Done It! ^__^


I had dyed the White Japanese Crepe Satin Pink using Dylon's Multi-Purpose Dye, Rose Of Paris. Turn out a bit darker than I expected (I want it to be Pale Pink), but guess it'll do the job as my Velvet is Red (instead of the Bright Rose Red) so the Pink will better match it and the original color of the fabric. Now I got to iron all 4m of it, wash any parts that gotten dirty and send it off together with the other fabrics to be made into my Arwen Rose Dress as soon as I know when I can spare the cash. Well, actually, I can ask for it to be ready after 2 weeks so can send it in from tomorrow onwards. -__^

I also dyed my old Pale Pink Skirt. Hehehehee, that means I got to do a Pink Lolita Blouse someday to go with it! -__^

So the current expenditure on materiels for my Arwen Rose Dress is:
-Pink Flower Patterned Organza (4m) = SGD14 (SGD3.50/m)
-White Japanese Crepe Satin (4+m) = SGD22 (SGD5.50/m)
-Red Polyester Singer/Single Velvet (6m) = SGD42 (SGD7/m)
-Rose Red Acetate Lining (5m) = SGD12.50
-White Scalloped Bias Tape = SGD1.50
-White Braid Trimming = SGD1 (I might just go and look for a wider braid trimming at AMK Central or Chinatown or Arab Street first)
-Dylon Multi-Purpose Dye "Rose Of Paris" = SGD2.80
Sub-Total: SGD95.80

Tailoring will cost around SGD80+/- so that might give a grand total of SGD180/USD100. Hmm, not bad IMHO, considering how much Costumers will charge for an Elven Gown. -__^ A very inaccurate one already cost USD150 minimum w/o shipping while local Costume Shops charged SGD300-600++. Ya, if I get a home based seamstress or friend, and used a cheaper type of Satin & Velvet (or get a cheaper flowers patterned Satin instead) the cost will even be much, much lower. Anyhow, I got to save up the money to make my other Arwen Gown as accurate as possible. -__^

I can't wait to be the first in Singapore to wear a "replica" of a screen used Arwen Gown! ^__^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home