The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Thursday, May 22, 2003

Started Singing The "I AM BROKE" Song . . .
Well, while talking about doing one's own Padme White Battlesuit costume instead of buying the Rubies ones at JC-Costumes & Props Board, I realized that I had actually found the closest Lace I could for my Sabe-Royal Decoy Gown. It's the spiderweb lace I had spotted a few months ago and considering to use for my Gothic Lolita Headdress (err, when am I gonna continue making more of it >__< ). And since Spotlight Orchard Point is closing down and giving 15% off on all fabrics, I rush down to the place to get the lace before it runs out. Initially the bolt wasn't at its usual place but on further searching I found it on the next desk with 1 25m bolt and another that could be around 10m. Gotten 5m at SGD46.55.

Well, the lace isn't perfect as it got netting (but is pretty soft and elastic) but it'll save me the long hours I must spend to iron on all those crystals (Plan No. 2-If I got the SGD45 for 1,000 crystals to spare) or sew all those "knitted strings" (Plan No. 2-If I don't have the money to spare!). Will have to cut out some of the netting (mostly on the chest and hand parts) to allow the Antique Gold Color of the Silky Satin to be seen easily, and think will do it after it had been sew into a gown. Anyhow, although I have NO reason now NOT to do this Gown, I'm pushing it to next year as this year too occupied by my LOTR Costumes Projects. I got the lace, the cardboard "Egg" for the ear piece, the forehead jewel and lots of Black Feathers. Just need the money to buy the Satin (probably just SGD17.50 as Silky Satin), the Velvets (will use a cheap one for the base of the coat, more furry ones for the panels on the coat and Panne Velvet for the Headdress), Gold Paint or Gold Leafs and a few other stuffs. Tailoring cost for the Inner Dress and Base Coat, hopefully not, as by next year, I should have experiences making gowns. -__^

While at Spotlight, I also gotten Simplicity 7274 as all patterns are at 1/2 price+10% off. Didn't intended to get it but the Butterick Patterns I want are all gone so it's my next best choice. Anyhow, I'll need it if I'm making any Imperial Officer Uniform (which is unlikely but could be after this year). Wait, I do need one cause Darth Prion did get send off to the Unknown Regions a year before ESB. Well, once you got the skills, anything can comes true! ^__^

Also gotten 5 buttons for my Neo's Coat (will use 2-3) and Dylon Multi-Purpose Dye-Elephant Grey to dye the fabric meant for Padme Tatooine Vest cause I doubt the Dylon Cold Dye can make the cloth more grey (no idea what the White threads are made from; Cotton or Wool).

While on The Matrix Reloaded, I need to hunt down 1-2 more copies of FIRST Magazine May Issue. Only gotten 1 issue so I need to get another to keep as spare and maybe another to sell this Nov? Will see how the next few days before the June issue is released (no way I'm gonna pay SGD8 each as back issue!)

Okay, got a few more LOTR Cosplay and Harry Potter Cosplay photos to check out and save

I'm off! ^__^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home