The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Yes, I Have Done It . . .
I gotten the cloth for Neo's The Matrix Reloaded Coat. ^__^ It's some kind of Matte Satin (yes, totally matte) fabric that probably have a small amount of spandex in it too. It could had also been some kind of suiting cloth meant for pants.

Anyhow, the good thing is, it cost SGD5/m so I gotten 5 metres (more than enough for the suit!). Well, if I got a choice and the money, I'll go for Wool-like fabric but the ones at the shop are either of the wrong color or thickness (I don't want to use lining cause want to lower cost). One of the sellers did said that Textile Centre could have the Wool fabric I want but
1) It's a long walk to there from Arab Street
2) It's was already 4.30pm and I bet most of the shops there had already closed.
I always get confused when I got to the shops there anyway cause most of them are merely the "store shop" for the shops at other places, including Arab Street.
Ya, ya I can try Chinatown but time is running out for me to hop between Chinatown (if it's not there) and Arab Street. This Costume must go out by this Sat and back by this Thursday cause the FanForce Outing is on next Friday.

The bad news is, I can't speak or meet with my seamstress till this Friday. Another bad news is, I haven't gotten the 18-20 Black Matte/Cloth-Like rounnd buttons of about 1" diametre for it but I can settle it tomolo at AMK Central or if that fails, at Orchard Spotlight. I was going to get the button at Spotlight Tampinese but they only got 15 left (8 on 1 card, 7 on another). And they can't give discount price for that card that got 1 button missing so I forgo it.

And for some good news in case this Neo Costume fails to become a reality, I got the fabric for my Myrtle's 1942 Robe. ^__^ Even if the Neo costume becomes a reality, I'm gonna get the same fabric for Myrtle cause it's cheap (onli SGD5/m okay, compared to SGD6-8 for the other possible cloths), thick enough as not to need lining (I still flunk at adding linings >__< ) and heavy enough with the correct drape. Anyhow, since my Arwen Costume hasn't even been cut yet (or sew), I could request that that costume be put off after they are done with the Mak Andam order and instead rush this coat asap and use the money for the Arwen Gown to pay for this costume. Hopefully, it'll not exceed SGD80 (baju kurung cost SGD40) cause it's design is very simple; just like a Lab Coat or Front Opening Jubah minus all the trimmings and pockets. Anyhow, since this coat the earliest can be ready by next Thursday, I may not need to do so as 12th May is next Monday. Ya, ya, I know from Monday or Tuesday onwards, I got to buy lots of beef and fish and other stuffs but at the end of it all, I'm sure I got at least SGD150 left (usually I got SGD300 left for both my needs and vegetable marketing for the rest of the month).

A little report from Costumes & Mascots, Joy said she has the following LOTR Costumes Available:
-Arwen (Angel Dress I think!)
-Gandalf the Grey
-Legolas
-Frodo (and Merry?)

Cost of rental is SGD50 + SGD50 Returnable Deposit. Didn't get to see the costumes personally cause Joy was busy at that time so maybe if someone ask me along to the shop one of these days, I could drop by and see the costumes personally. Hai . . . personally I always prefer No. 1 CostumeCostumes cause their catalog show the actual costumes they got and they are willing to show me the actual costumes if it's within their reach. Okay, okay, they also got more workers there, plus the 2 Indonesian Maid. -__^

Going downstairs now to grab some bite, then to surf net for some pictures of Vader and AOTC Boba Fett I can use for my Icons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home