The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Monday, September 20, 2004

Decisions, Branded Goods & Freedom This Wed Onwards........
1 more day till I ended my job at the Gene Fest at the Singapore Science Centre.

Frankly from this experience, I doubt I ever want to work for Upstream again due to that Su. *roll eyes* Maybe I had been influence by the people from Projects/Events but frankly the atmosphere was kinda not as friendly as under Project/Events. Well, guess now to wait for my $$ from the 2 weeks of NJRC and 1 week with Gene Fest which comes to a few hundreds.

  • NJRC Interview (Mon-Fri for 8hrs minus lunch hour & overtime) = SGD220
  • NJRC Competition (Sat-Sat for 11hours minus lunch) = SGD484
  • Gene Fest (Wed-Tue 9 hours) = SGD345.50

TOTAL = SGD1 049.50 minus CPF Cut >__<

Anyhow, Ross again offered to me today the job for Videotopia this Oct 23rd(??) to Feb 2005. Stable job and money for a few more months but I'll also loose my freedom again. -__- My Grandma is also grumbling cause she scared something happen to her and nobody will know. -__- Well, the pay will probably be SGD1 056 before CPF Cut per month (4 weeks, 6 times a week) but I'm worried I won't be able to take off during the weekends in Dec to go to ComicFiesta (10-12th Dec), EOY (Dec 4th?) and even the LOTR Trilogy EE Movie Marathon (Dec 17th?) if it's to happen. I need the money to get my Biker Scout Armor but I'll loose part of my time and freedom. This will also means I got 2 weeks and once a week to complete the 2 versions of my Haldir's Elven Archer (both have same Armor, Boots and Pants but different Undershirt, Leather Vest, Scale Skirt and Round Skirt). And the list of costumes I got to complete this year is pretty long:

  • Haldir Elven Archer (Disco & Normal)
  • Haldir March Warden
  • Lothlorien Elven Archer
  • Arwen Cranberry Dress (need the time to get the trimming & send it to my seamstress)
  • Arwen Blood Red Dress (need the Red Velvet/Velour for the Sleeves, Trimming, Satin Underdress & time to make the dress myself)
  • Mouth Of Sauron
  • Ringwraith Armor Gauntlets & Boots
  • Galadriel Grey Haven Cloak
  • Eowyn Refugee Dress cum K.O. Outfit (New Jumper, Dress, Brown Vest & Corset)
  • Singapore Jedi Outfit Padawan (aka Gi, Tabbards, Obi & Pants)
  • Singapore Jedi Outfit (modelled after the Dark Lady from the SW Comics)
  • TPM Padme Naberries
  • Rohan Banner
  • Gondor Banner
  • Gondor Pennets
  • Haldir's Banner

Ouch! @__@

Anyhow, watch a bit of Get Real! on ChannelNewsAsia just now and it's about Singapore being a Branded Country (aka people buy branded goods). I realized that I'm kinda a person who buy branded good but seems like for practicality and durabilty other than balancing it off. I also explode my money on my costumes by paying so much for the best materials and the tailoring cost.

For example, I only wear Mark & Spencer's Bras which cost SGD40-70 per piece but I balanced it off with wearing SGD1 panties bought from the market years ago when I first move to AMK Ave 4/5. *Blush* Hehehe, I even had been wearing the same ones from years ago as they still are wearable. -__^ My clothings are also predominantly SGD5-10/piece or 3-For-SGD10 rejected clothings while pants were bought by my sis from Mark & Spencer's Sales in UK. Occasionally gotten special clothings from U2 or Giordarno etc but gotten them out of necessarties to be part of my costumes/armor or official wears.

So that's why I can afford to pay so much for a couple of stuffs since I saved my money in most other areas. -__^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home