The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Monday, September 13, 2004

Disappearing Act, Leader Qualities & Back To SCC.....
Well, I had been disappearing from the Forums and MLs and even this Blog for over a week now due to commitment to NJRC. Frankly, the competition itself was tiring that I hit the bed once I get home, and time passes so quickly that I don't feel bored at all. But it was also frustating on some days that I want to snap some of the problematic students' spinal cord at the neck (aka kill them quickly).

But out of the frustation came great joy on the last day of the main competition (aka Fri) when my heart went to one of the 2 remaining teams from Singapore Chinese Girls' School. One of the team was doing well with their total scores rite after Fuhua Secondary but the 2nd group was on the edge of being eliminated for the finals. I tried to console one of the team member whose hope was trased when she scored Zero for her final mission but All Hope was Renewed when the result of the final 40 Secondary School Teams was announced and they made it. Tears of joy flows freely and I felt a sense of fulfilment tho' I wasn't directly involved in their achievement.

Well, I always say, "A good leader will feel overjoy when it's his/her team members who won something even tho' the leader isn't directly involved".


On that day also, I met a supportor from River View Secondary wearing the Ringwraith Costume. Not bad and I like the Gauntlets. He said his brother made the suit for him and so I gave him my namecard and the pamplet for the LOTR Online Petition. He later came back for the final day with his team cheering teams with a home-made Ringwraith Sword and simplified Armored boots. Wish I had taken a photo of him but I was too busy and my camera's flash can't be switched off as flash is not allowed during the competition. -__-

And now, even tho' NJRC is 2 days ago done, I still don't have much time online to answer mails, Forum threads and even launch the long overdued websites because......

I'm back at the SSC for Gene Fest 2004

Phew! One after another it seems! -__^ I initially thot I was down for the Kids' Fest even tho' I didn't go for the interview but today's briefing was for the Gene Fest. Well, I love this as I always have a love for Molecular Genetics so this will be okay for me. Will have to hit my notes from my Biotech Studies to refresh my memory about Genetics. -__^
Other than that, I went to Arab Street today. Finally gotten the Red Jersey Silk Velvet and Lining fabrics for my Arwen Cranberry Dress:
9m Red Jersey Silk Velvet = SGD126
5m Maroon Habotai Lining = SGD 8.50
4m Maroon Silk Satin = SGD 20
TOTAL = SGD154.50
So now I got everything I need for the dress except for the Trimming that'll cost SGD190 for the 7.8m (I need only 1.8m for my dress). Will probably get the trimming after I get my pay or if I'm itchy and my pay from NJRC don't arrive soon, rite after the Gene Fest.
Cost of tailoring is SGD200 according to my seamstress and I hope she stick to that price as I'm on a very tight budget. >__<>SGD400 and it's rivaling my Arwen Mourning Dress. >__<
Ouch! @__@

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home