The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I'm Getting Even More Broke........
Finally sent my sewing machine for servicing and the motor need to be change. That cost me SGD75 plus another SGD10 for the servicing charge. Gonna get it back tomolo it seems so no sewing today even tho' I had started my gears again (was sewing the Velveteen to extend the length of my 2nd Gondor "New Tree" Pennet).

Anyhow, ask the shop too for their range of Brother Sewing Machine and the one that doesn't have any computer cost SGD500++++ while other brands SGD400++++. Computerized ones ranges from SGD1,000++ to SGD4,000++. Trade-In will lessen the price by up to SGD100. Didn't see the sewing machine I'd been drooling over in the Gothic Lolita Patterns Mooks tho' (then again, it was just a small sewing machine shop).

The 2 that caught my attention from the GL Pattern Mook are Brother Innovis N80 and Brother Innovis C41 which are both Computerized Sewing Machines. -__- Innovis N80 is priced at JY102,900 (SGD1,564) while Innovis C41 JY41,790 (SGD636). Not sure what the ads in the Mook said but I think Peddle will cost JY3,675 (SGD56) extra. There is another 2 in the Brother Innovis Range, Innovis C51 & Innovis C52.

I'll love to get the Brother Innovis N80 as it's both a sewing machine and an embroideries machine (I have a habit of "Be Prepared" & "The Best I Can Afford). Money can be saved up with my 4 months of working coming (meaning at least 50% of my salary goes to saving for the machine, that is ~SGD400 a month) BUT it's a matter of wherther the Model is available in Singapore and WHY I need it.

Okay, guess I first have to have a look at what I need from the Sewing Machine, after years of using my Simple Janome Sewing Machine that only have 6-8 types of stitches and I only know how to get it to do 3. -__-
  • Scallops Stitch
  • "Like-Overlock" Stitch
  • Satin Stitch
  • Zig-Zag Stitch
  • ->->-> Stitch
  • Button Hole
  • Straight Stitch & Control over its length
Add to that the capability to do Pin Tuck Stitches and have a range of foot (Walking, Invisible Zip, Clear, Rope), Local Servicing Centre and Upgrades that can be gotten locally. The fact that I can connect it to my Notebook to design my own pattern will be an added insentive.

Not much actually, in term of stitches I need and it's in most Sewing Machines these days but my Habit of "Want The Best" and "Once Bought, Gonna Use It Till It's Damaged Beyond Repair" is in the way. -__- And my LOTR_Costume ML friend keep recommanding Brands like Brother or Viking or Singer.

Hai....will see how. Will just look around for a price and model range and try my best to save up. -__-

On another front, I had folded the Red Velvet I brought previously and it turned out to be only 68" Width from my measurement instead of 72". @__@ That means that my Arwen BR Dress sleeves gonna be 33" long. The Velvet also have a proper nap and it goes downwards towards/against the end of the cloth. This means my Haldir Cloak gonna have a centre seam to get the proper width (think 100" o__O ). Underskirt, I just gonna be bochup and do 2 Semi-Circle on the Width of the cloth; the front will have the nap facing downwards. Will have to make the template soon......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home