The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Ninja Power Rangers Anyone? -__^
Okay, I did mentioned this to Xeno and Fiona and Yazid etc the last time we met for the Dec(?) Meetup:

Why not we one day do a Power Rangers: The Movie costume? -__^ Of all the Power Ranger costumes, with the exceptional of the armor, I love the Ninja Suit from the movie the most. The Series one is nice too but it's a lot more covering and I may have more trouble looking for reference photos or screencaps of it. =__= Frankly, I really want to do it one day, tho' I'm divided between wanting to do Aisha Campbell (Yellow Ranger) or Billy Cranston (Blue Ranger). Not interested in doing Kimberly Hart (Pink Ranger) as I find her to be very weak, so unlike my character who try to be the stronger one. Think Fiona want to do Tommy Oliver (White Ranger)? -__^

Well, doing the costume shouldn't be a problem or cost much as most of the fabrics are Cotton Drill or Cotton Polyester with a little Vinyl for the Headband etc, and maybe for the Crest can either THROW it at Xeno to do -__^ or just go the "Julia" way of printing out the picture on photo paper and then add 3D paint for texture.

But what I not sure of is the time to do it, reasons for doing it and wherther to complete the team of 6 or not. =__= We don't have Halloween here in Singapore while Cosplay Events seems to be not so open compared to US Cons like DragonCon or DC ComicCon or GenCon or even if the local cosplayers will pay a shit for us who still love the older action series or cartoon. Anyhow, there isn't tat much major cosplay events around anyway, with only CosFest and EOY Cosplay confirmed every year.

And personally, I do like the first few seasons of The Mighty Morphing Power Rangers, up to before the Turbo Movie/Season, inclusive of the Ninja Season (the one that kinda follow up to the movie tho' wasn't fully connected in storyline to it o__O ). After that, probably due to me missing most of the episodes or sense of childishness had decrease, I find that MMPR had gone cheezy or lame. Favourite comments these days about the Power Ranger is "Aiyoh! Still around leh? When they suppose to end? @__@ "

That comes down to the thinking on why whenever certain Action Series get Americanize, it became cheezy and lame with Masked Rider being a very good example. Missed the solid storyline behind Black Masked Rider or Maskman that was shown on RTM1 a long time ago and hated that they didn't continue it. =__=

Okay, back to the MMPR Ninja Suit. Maybe one day I'll do it...BUT not before I settle most of my SW, LOTR and Harry Potter costumes as they are required for various events this year so must do. Maybe one day, out of boredom I'll do that Ninja Suit...who know! -__^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home