The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Saturday, March 15, 2003

Drawn Out The Design Of Elven Silver, High Necked Dress ^__^
I basically draw out 4 different pictures: Inner Dress (Front & Back) and the 2 Overcoats (Screen Accurate & Simplified). Also did a little labelling of the parts and special measurements. Oh!!! I can't wait to look for the fabrics at Arab Street, Chinatown & Geylang Serai (need 5m for Inner & 8[?]m for the Overcoat); I really want to wear this Dress (with the simplified overcoat) for this Hari Raya Puasa! Sick of wearing Baju Kurung almost every year since I'm 10 while others managed to don the Chinese or Vietnamism Inspired Dress or Kebaya Dress throughout the years. @__@

On another note, being a "newbies" in the Cosplay Arena, I really wonder if people did noticed that I'm quite knowledgeable in costuming already, especially when it comes to SW and now LOTR Costuming. For SW, I started doing costumes since late June 1999 (after the Pepsi-Hereen SW Costume Contest) and LOTR since Sept 2002. For almost 4 years, I know the existance of Commercial Patterns like Simplicity, McCalls', Butterick and Burda. I know where to look for to get these patterns in Singapore and I do visit the appropiate pattern list websites at least once every season (the patterns are released based on seasons like Winter, Summer etc) to check out the latest range or spot those patterns I'll find useful for any new gowns I'm interested in doing. And I do read and post at SW and LOTR Costuming Forums and Mailing List. And yet, I have local cosplayers telling me what patterns I can use for the elven gowns or where to get them or where to get my fabrics (Arab Street & Chinatown). Hai . . . Fine, I'm still learning my fabric identifications, sewing and such but it seems that majority of the local cosplayers are not THAT dedicated to the overall creation of their costumes that it seems I know more than them. Anyhow, I can't seems to get a good costuming talk with them compared to my SW costuming friends, locally or foreign (well, of course not including the 1 person). >__< Guess after completing my few anime costumes that I had already started, I'm kinda retiring from doing Anime/Manga cosplay and sticking to SW & LOTR costumings.

I forsee that I should only get the following Anime/Manga costumes finish ASAP (after I'm done with my LOTR batch this year):
-Adam Kadmon (Angel Sanctuary) ==> Cosfest 2004
-Sevothtarte Ver. 2.0 (Angel Sanctuary)
-Generic Sister (Angel Sanctuary) ==> Only need the Gun, Bow and Headdress anyway
-Jibrille "Coma" Gown (Angel Sanctuary)
-D Junior High School Uniform (DUAL! Paralle Trouble Adventure)
-Riko Winter Uniform (Gate Keeper) ==> Blouse only; skirt is from D's School Uniform
-Pandora (Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter) ==> Only need to redo the choker, shorten the gown's skirt and make the Forkpike


Must force self not to add in any more Anime/Manga Costumes into this list and concentrate on my SW & LOTR Costumes. And that, that means no DUNE costumes too and only 1942 Moaning Mrytle from Harry Potter!

Onto life issues, I started scribbling Star Park Toon again. ^__^ Did LOTR characters and scenes this time. Not bad but as usual, they are only scribbles. Got to start working on my Star Park Character templetes again to turn all my SW, Captain Power, DUAL! and LOTR characters and scenes into pixes. ^__^ Some of the jokes are just too funny! ^__^

Will upload them somewhere as soon as I scanned them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home