The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Saturday, March 08, 2003

Report From The Past Few Days:
I had finish 2 sets of Obi & Tabbards for the Jedis. Used it for the Friday Nite Job and very happy that with the little additions to the Rented Costumes, we gain quite a high level of accuracy. Haahahaaha, now I got extra Tabbards and Obi for myself, after I adjust/add the press studs. -__^

The job last nite was O.K.A.Y. Didn't expect it to be at a Pub but we tolerate. The Jedis were Faiz and Jeannette's Cousin, Mark. Darth Vader is Shawn while Royal Guard is me. My helmet fogged up quite a lot last nite but I make do since Shawn is also having the same problem. >__<

Oh! For that Friday job, I made a new IRG Cloak, from a darker shade of Taffeta Velvet. Like the new design but the left arm hole is too low so I got to redo that part. And I realized that I can use it later as the "cloak" of my Arwen's Red Rose Dress. Well, it's of course not accurate BUT the only one to notice this will be Costuming Freaks like me, which is almost non-existing among the local Cosplayers, unfortunately.

Had a good talk with Shawn about LOTR and SW Costuming/Prop making too. He recommanded quite a few tips and I also give him some of my opinions. Ya, it feel GREAT to have costuming & prop making talks with people who enjoy and sweat like hell for it, not like with this kid who talks so much like he knows a lot when he knows nuts and his costume suck for someone who talk like him.

Anyhow, I should start looking for a seamstress very soon and find the money to pay her. I really need to wear something good for this March 23rd event and whatever that comes after it until I gotten the Arwen Mourning Gown done this Oct for the big event this Dec 18th (?).

Well, I willingly sacrifice going on tour or buying stuffs to get my and my friends' LOTR Costumes done as accurate as possible. Oh! And that means I got to take up sewing class. Will have to drop by Kebun Baru or Cheng San or AMK Community Club/Centre to see if they got such classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home