The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Saturday, March 01, 2003

I GAVE IN TO THE TEMPTATION!!!! @___@
I bought the novel RETURN OF THE KING for $17.40 at Borders. Gotten the cover I wanted (the 9 Fellowship Cover) and it was the only copy left. >___< A little damage to the back cover but I think I can live with it. Gonna wrap it tonight, get the ready-made plastic cover tomorrow from Sembawang Bookstore and start reading it. ^___^ Can't wait to find out what will happen next and then move on the next few books, namely The Simillirion and the 12 (or 13) books on The History Of Middle Earth (by Christopher Tolkien, J.R.R Tolkien's son).

At the fellow's mom shop, I saw what he got to sell. Mostly scrape of laces and some fabrics/trains that had gone dirty/torn/unwanted. Gotten 2 packets of Laces Scraps that I'm sure I can use to decorate Arwen's or Galadriel's Gowns and a Wedding Gown Train that is made from Thai Silk and Nylon Netting and got lots of beadings/lacing on it. Heehehehe, wonder if I can attach it to Eowyn's or Arwen's Wedding Gown. ^__^

At Arab Street, I bought 6 metres of Double Coat(?) Polyester Velvet for SGD7/m (originally quoted SGD7.50, SGD0.50 less than at the other Chinese Shop I frequent) for the Arwen Rose Dress. The color is darker than what I need but I don't have much choice. The other alternative is the Safrone Velvet at the Indian Shop I frequent but I think it's too orange-red and the coat too thin (can see all the lines on the fabrics). Well, if I'm to get another Rose Dress done, I'll use the Korean Rayon Velvet instead, but it cost SGD12/m (maybe I can use it for Arwen's Blood Red Gown IF it's thin enough like the Silk Velvet). Man! I wish there is more places in Singapore that sell REAL Silk Velvet. @__@ Now I need to get 4m of White Satin (probably Japanese Crepe Satin, SGD5/m) for the Inner Dress and ?m Rose Red Lining (probably Acetate Lining, SGD2.50/m) to line the Overcoat. And I got to settle the drawings of the 2-3 layers (Inner Dress, Overcoat), especially the shape of the sleeves and find the seamstress to do it. And I have to decide wherther to have it done as Inner Dress (2 Layers) and Overcoat, or as 1 full dress; and of course, this decision will based on the cost of the tailoring.

Hai . . . this is the decision a Good Costumer must make for every costumes she want to get done and wear . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home