The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Sunday, August 24, 2003

Here Goes . . .
What been happening in my life since my last full entry. Beginning from yesterday (Sat):

Sat 23rd Aug
Met Kheldar at Dobby Ghaut MRT Station and went to KHH together. Also took his measurement for his Boromir Costume (he had choosen the Post-Lothlorien Version, partially thankfully) and discuss about his budget (less than SGD200 which I'm sure I can easily fulfil as long as go for looks and partial accuracy, instead of full accuracy. -__^).

Then, I went to Suntec City to check out Caeser's Gun Gallery little Road Show. That shop assistant from Far East Plaza was there too. @__@ Anyhow, I saw that they have many of the jewelleries from Nobel Collection. Here're the prices of the items I'm interested in or remembered the price:
Narya (available in Dec or next year)- SGD757 (NC: USD295+??)
King Of Men: SGD265 (but it's not so nice in RL; the stone looks too dull -__-)
Elven Brooch: SGD179 (NC: USD65+??; NLC: USD65+29.95)
Brooch of Galadriel: SGD255 (NC: USD97.50+??; NLC: USD97.49+31.95)
Vilya: SGD757 (NC: USD295+??)
Everstar: SGD257 (NC: USD95; NLC: USD95+31.95)

Ya, cheaper if gotten from New Line Cinema but will need a Credit/Debit Card (but no problem; I can ask someone to help me pay for me through their credit card after I had paid them) and the item has to be in their stock (not all NC stuffs are being sold by NLC -__- ).

For Narya, if New Line Cinema DOES carry it this Dec, I will order from them cause nothing can beat SGD570/USD327 againsts Caeser's SGD767. Even better if combining with others cause their Shipping Cost is fixed at USD31.95 for items ordered USD70 and above. O__O

Yes, technically every cent count, especially if the different in prices is above SGD10 (hey! I can get a LOT with SGD10 okay?)

After hanging at the place for almost an hour drooling at the Jewelries and swords and waiting for the "Ringwraith" to appear, went to Carrefour. Saw Toyogo Comic Box (22x45x14) on sale at SGD3.90 each from the original SGD9.90 so gotten 3 boxes. Also gotten 6 sushi (SGD2.50), Salmon Sashimi (SGD5.88), 200g Smoked Salmon (SGD10.80) and Apples (SGD1.75). Am veri broke rite now. -__- But I needed the boxes (may even go and get more). Rest, Salmon is for both me and bro (and it'll be on him -__^ ) and the Sashimi will make it last till Tues (I hope! o__O ).

BUT on my way to Carrefour, felt something fell off my nose and it turned out to be my glasses's Left nose clip. Can't get it from among the crowd so will need to get a new one tomolo. Think it'll cost SGD1?

After shopping at Carrefour, went back to the Roadshow and saw the Ringwraith there. Took a few photos with him (he's a student from Nanyang Polytechnic) and saw that he's wearing the rented costume and holding the Ringwraith Sword.

Anyhow while at the Roadshow, I also entered a quiz. The question was "Name any Swords that is displayed at the Caeser's Gun Gallery Roadshow." and to which I answered "Witchking Sword" and then "Lord Of The Rings United Cutlery Witchking Sword" (Full name will be United Cutlery's Lord Of The Rings: The Sword of the Witchking). Gotten a little Gold Color Samurai Keychain and SAFRA Watch cum Compass Plastic Harness Clip. Thot not bad till I got home and saw the Caeser's Gun Gallery SGD50 voucher. O__O Wonder if it's really valid. But I need to spend SGD100 to have it valid and maybe I could use it to get something from Caeser's Gun Gallery like 2 UC Swords Miniture (aka Letter opener) at SGD79 each or something slightly over SGD100. Well, will see first if I can spare the cash next month (and check if the voucher IS valid).

After the question I answered, the MC asked the public to name the Ringwraith and I helped this boy answered it (It's Ringwraith, Nazgul). Another boy before him almost gotten it by saying Dark Rider but the MC didn't know that it IS the nickname of the Ringwraiths (he said that's from Harry Potter which is NOT true as those thinging are called Dementor) so he didn't get the prize. The mother of the boy who I helped later told his son to thank me. ^__^

Later, went home by bus and yes, saw again how dark Bidadari Cemetary is at nite. O__O


Fri 22nd Aug
Gotten my United Cutlery Witchking Sword today! ^__^ Had also paid Danny the full SGD150 for it and he gave me the Strider Ranger Sword Plaque for my sword as he had screwed in the Witchking one to his wardrobe side. It's still lying on my bed, wrapped in some Satin Cloth I got currently cause I need to settle my room and the wall where I want to hang it (beside my bed) before measure properly, drill in the holes and screw in the screws. Anyhow, need to find the drill first. -__- He also told me how to get it polished every month.

On arriving home, found a letter from M.A.G.E. saying I had won a Gundam Model Set from their last draw (hehehehe, I had forgotten that I had submitted that coupon in! ^__^ ) Well, I don't need it so it'll probably go to someone else who wants it (hehehee, who will want to own-me-one so u can receive the Model Kit?). Will collect it this Mon or Tues.


Wed 20th Aug
New Air Con today. Mitsubishi Mr. Slim Inverter. But haven't start using it yet (and no, didn't get the location changed) cause have no need yet. Room still in a mess die to it.

Sun 17th Aug
Went to watch The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen with Jeanatte, Hassan, Danny, Faiz & his Girlfriend (*roll eyes* keep keep hugging *roll eyes*). It's very interesting IMHO. Hassan was a bit hyperactive cause they didn't have Sherlock Homes but overall happy with it. Anyhow, can read his review over at this Blog for those interested. -__^


Sat 16th Aug-Afternoon
Went to Spotlight Plaza Singapura to check out their new store. It was very crowded and was happy to see some familiar faces from former Orchard Point Store back there. Gotten 1.5m of the fabric I need for the Arwen Blood Red Dress which turnout out to be Rose Color so off to the dyeing pot for it. Also gotten some laces for some GL Headdress (Must start making mine!) and 20 buttons for my Neo Reloaded Coat.

Later, went to Chinatown to settle my wig, followed by a trip to No. 1 CostumeCostume which unfortunately had moved to Arab Street so had to rush there to check out their stock. Ju wasn't at the shop and I got to know that those costumes from Jewel's Costumes hasn't been unpacked yet. Left my contact no. anyway so they can contact me when they had unpacked and cataloged those costumes. Well, a plus point for No. 1 CostumeCostume to move to Arab Street cause now, I can cover 5-6 costumes shops in 1 day (No. 1 CostumeCostume, Costumes & Mascot, Stage Image, Masquerer 2000, The Costume Shop and Jewel's Costumes)! ^__^


Okay, that's all I can report about what I been doing this week. -__^ Now off to eat some sushi and start digging under my bed so I can pack some stuffs into the new boxes and put them there under the bed. -__^

Ps: I'm sleeping with my Witchking Sword currently till I can get the plaque onto the wall. ^__^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home