The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Monday, January 05, 2004

Just Need To Get This Off My Mind . . .

Must One be a Chinese to be a Cosplayer in Singapore? O__O

Check out this thread and the posts that were posted:

I Asked (since someone will usually be kind enough to scan the article every year)
"Can anyone scan the page for those who don't read the newspaper?"

elementa master
"lol...u dont read?"

EdwardElric
"please desu. i also don't read newpaper(cos no money to buy) desu *Roll Eyes*"

Wonder where they placed their eyes or their brains. Ever since the AXN Cosplay Contest in June 2001, there is at least 1 non-Chinese Cosplayer seen at the events (back then it was Sharm and/or Lin and that Malay guy who also study Japanese). By the time I entered the arena in Dec 2001, there is at least 3 at each events and now, the number is hitting 10 and more. So there is bound to be some people who can't read Chinese at all but still interested to know!

In the case of SW/LOTR Costuming, almost half of the pioneers here in Singapore are Malay or Indian and the no. still stand at at least 1/3 of the total no. of Costumers.

Hai . . .a big no wonder people who can think for themselves HAVE to "protect" these people from being exploited or tell them what they can do and they can't do. Yes, I still stand by what I did for the Liang Court Cosplay and its bycotting. There is a HUGE difference between just donning a costume and actually attempting to replicate a particular costume/armor from a specific movie/comic/anime/manga/game/group.

Sometimes I wonder why I took the trouble to care about these people and their general affair. @__@ I tried to help but at the end of the road, it's my head that get stepped on and not a word of "Thank you". Idiots!

Yes, Precious; I'm pulling away my expertise from these people. They don't deserve what I can offer and they can't even offer a lead to what I seek.

Ps: I need to go hunting for a shop selling a Plank 4' Long and about 8" wide. And a round bottom flowerpot that can snuggly fit my head. o__O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home