The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

New Ideas! ^__^ New Ideas! ^__^
I got this new idea on how to do the Trimming for the Arwen Cranberry Dress instead of getting that SGD190 Bullion & Beads Trimmings.

Get the Pale Antique Gold French Lace Trimming from Arab Street in either 2 sizes (2" & 1.75") or 1 that can be made less wide later, sew the whole thing to a red backing (like that for my Arwen Mourning Dress) and add Silver Bullion, Silver/Gold/Antique Gold/White Seed Beads thus giving you something that can pass off as the closest trimming at a lower cost. The cost of materials is below:
  • 1.5-2m French Lace Trimming SGD5-8/m
  • Silver Bullion SGD2/packet
  • Silver/Gold/Antique Gold/White Beads SGD2-4/packet
  • Blood Red Cotton Drill Cloth FREE (extras from my Mourning Gown Materials)
PREDICTED TOTAL = ~SGD10-20/m

Hmmm...seems like the total cost will depend on the amount of Bullion and Beads I gonna add to the French Lace Trimming. Maybe I'll try it out on some of the extra Lace I got from the still-under-reconstruction Boromir Costume and see what's the result. For a start, my creativity juice only comes once a while and only for certain issues. -__-

The SGD190 Bullion and Beaded trimming cost ~SGD24.40/m and since I got to use 2 rolls of it for the Sleeves Trimming, think I need to use ~1.8m of it.

Cheaper? More expansive? I donno. The only problem with the SGD190 trimming is that I gonna be stuck with 6m (aka SGD146.40) of it and I'm not assured that I can sell it off later. And if I DO sell it off at a profit (maybe USD16-20/m?), how can I be sure that I wouldn't want to use the same one again for another gown or even Arwen Mourning Gown Version 2.0? I just don't have the answer to that. -__-

And so the temptation to do the Arwen Cranberry Dress increases with it by my seamstress as the cost of the cloth will not allow me to risk it. Maybe I can convince my seamstress to save the paper pattern she gonna create for that dress for me (or I can buy it over) so after that, I can really do the other Arwen Dresses and even Galadriel's all by myself. The problem of course is due to my shape (unlike other fat people, I DO have a waist! -__^ ) so I need Princess Seams/Cut. The other solution of course is to loose lots of weight so I can use the commercial patterns. @__@

Will see how......

Ps: Confirmed gonna start working on 30th Aug. Pay SGD5.50/h and think I gonna clock 9+hours per day for the 13 days of work. Will try to put the money towards my Biker Scout Armor or trip to Sydney for the LOTR Exhibition....
Pss: Parish asked me out for Cosplay Outing on 12th Sept. Told her I can make it and waiting for her reply to say what's the theme.
Psss: I had polished up the speech for that CosFest 2005 SW Team Presentation. Still need a word or 2 to put in so the storyline will be smooth. Yub! Did it in the toilet this morning! ^__^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home