The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Monday, October 11, 2004

I Just Wonder......
Which Direction Am I Going?

I was looking at the Profile of one of my former Polytechnic-mate and realized that he's in NTU rite now. This kinda got me thinking:

Where Am I Rite Now?

Without my Diploma, only with a pathatic GCE 'A' Level Qualification and basically not much money, I'm nowhere.

I want to complete my Diploma; it's JUST a Final Year Project Part B that is preventing me from getting that piece of paper but I'm too ashame to go back. I keep believing that there is no going back (Blame it on Shmi Skywalker advice in TPM?) and then there is my Pride. I was a promising student but yet again and again, I failed to show my full potential.

Maybe I stayed too long in that school system; maybe it's because I was lonely after seeing one after another of my best friend graduate or change courses; maybe I'm just plain lazy; maybe I have choosen the wrong Project Partner. I just donno.......

You may ask, what is my plan now?

I'm working here and there Part-Time but so far the money had gone to pay for the luxuries that I didn't get to enjoy when I wasn't working. It's not too late as I got another 4 months of job coming up but I still have to pay for my trip to Malaysia this Dec for ComicFiesta and maybe Sydney to see the LOTR Exhibition one last time. Then there is my costumes. And yet around end of next year or early 2006 when my Older Brother comes back again to Singapore, I'll have to pack my bags and move on to go to University.

Since I graduated from Junior Collage and after I did a little research at the Career & Education Fair back then, I always said I want to further my studies in Canada for 2 reason: Cheap & Near my US-Costuming Friends, other than Conventions like DragonCon & DCComicCon. The plan was to attend Columbia College and attend their ??months Pre-University Course which said to ensure me an entry into the 2nd Year at most Canadian University as long as I get good grades. Then off to University of British Columbia or the other great Universities in Canada.

But that was 5 years ago when I was 19 years old. Now I'm 24 and by the time I can pack my bags, I'll be 26 years old. Will I still be able to attend such course? Will I have the money to pay for not only the course but my future University Fees and Daily Expenditure while I spend the next 4 years in Canada. And I DON'T even know what I want to study tho' I stated that my interest and strength is in Microbiology and part of Molecular Genetics other than Cell Biology and Emergency Medicine.

What I know I got is about SGD28,000. Don't think that is enough. -__- And I'm not sure if I can borrow money from the local bank to pay for my studies with my Dad as the Garantaur as he's planning to retire in a year or 2 so so and I'm not close to him anymore.

I just don't know.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home