The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Wednesday, February 12, 2003

I forget to say a few stuffs about the fabrics I saw yesterday at Arab Street.
I know I saw a similar design of Aragorn's Rivendell Costume fabric at Arab Street and I did. The problem is, there is no Royal Blue or Dark Blue or Medium Plain 'Ole Blue. There are neon Blue, Green, Pink, Normal Red, Green but no sir, No Blue. It cost $7/m so I might get it later for I-Don't-Know-Who-Will-Wear-it Aragorn's Rivendell Costume . Heck, if I had polish up my sewing skills, I'll make it for myself since the design is fairly simple but of course, I'll be Aragorn without his beard! -__^

The Korean Velvet doesn't seems soft enough for me to use for Arwen's Rose Dress Overcoat or Arwen's Blood Red Gown Sleeves. Maybe if the SGD10 Velvet at Chinatown did turn out to be Silk Velvet from Japan and they got it in Rose Red, I'll buy from there instead. Since my SW Costuming Gang and the people at LOTR_Costume Mailing List introduced me to Silk Velvet, I feel like not going back to those thick Korean or Japanese or Safron or Valentino or Three Crown or whatever Velvet. ^__^ Silk Velvet does have the Beautiful Drape needed to make the numerous SW and LOTR Costumes/Gown/Cloak and it's not too thick (you can actually see the light if put against the light!). Singapore is Soooooo Hot and I hate to wear anything thick on the road. And it can also be dyed using Dylon Multi-Purpose Dyes.

Silk Velvet seems to cost a bomb in USA and elsewhere, even eBay is having it the cheapest around USD8-12 (SGD15-20) per yard. Here, the "Indian" one is only SGD15 per metre, SGD12 when I show my school kid face ^__^ (Heck! I'm always dressed in my rejected clothing clothes so the seller must had thought I'm some student on a BIG budget!). While the "Japan" one at Chinatown is SGD10 and its thickness ranges (the Black sample piece I gotten is quite thick and got elastic backing). And I still haven't go explore Geylang or Little India/Tekka properly so maybe I'll see more choices as I get them. Heeehehehehehe, if only I got the money to buy them and get all my costumes that uses Velvet made using Silk Velvet! ^__^

Ya, it's great to be a Costumer/Cosplayer who does at least a little researchs before making her costumes!

About Moaning Mrytle 2942 Robe, saw some nice alternatives at Arab Street at the other Chinese Cloth Shop (the one that closes at exactly 5pm daily!). If it's cheaper than SGD7/m I might use it instead. What I want is the drape and thicknest. Frankly, save for Parish's Robe which uses Cotton Drill, I haven't seen a Harry Potter Robe that I think had used the correct type of fabrics. @__@ Oh ya, according to the people at the HP Costumes Mailing List, there is NO HOOD on the robes so I'll try to get the recommanded 12" doll to confirm it. Anyhow, it's for end of June cosplay so I should have more time to do research on it.

ON a non-costuming notes, since my 23rd birthday is coming this Feb 25th, I'll like to have any of the following stuffs as gifts ^__^ :
--12" Ringwraith Witchking Posable Doll/Action Figure (SGD29.90)
--6" Ringwraith Action Figure (SGD14.90)
--6" Ringwraith WITH Horse Action Figure (SGD29.90)
--14" Electronic Sauron (SGD69.90)
--6" Elven Archer & Berserk Action Figure (SGD24.90)
--Jango & Boba Fett Unleashed Figure
--Darth Vader Unleashed Figure (the first version)
--Darth Vader/Anakin Unleashed Figure (the second version, with removable helmet)
--$1,000 Cash (so I can buy all the fabrics/materials I need for my costumes, get them tailored out for the complicated ones, and pay for Sewing Class at Spotlight or somewhere nearby -__^ )
-- A Birthday Card


And I can get a free Birthday cake from Polar so I better place a reservation by the 20th for the 25th Feb. ^__^

Oh! And Muz birthday is coming this Friday so I better get a Birthday Card tomolo and hand delivered it to her mailbox this Friday since it's too late to depend on the mailing service to get it there at her mailbox this Friday.

I'm becoming a slowcoach . . . . .

Okay, off to confirm the design of Eowyn's Refugee Gown Jumper Collar now and off to make the prototype.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home