The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Sunday, April 27, 2003

And It Has Begin . . .
The cutting of the Patterns I'll need for my costuming. Cut out panels 1 & 2 from Simplicity 8944. Didn't cut the sleeve or hood panels cause I don't need them. Will now proceed to cutting the panels for the Robes of Simplicity 9813 (the LOTR Robes Patterns) and maybe Simplicity 9162. Then, I got to start working making the mock-ups for the robes and gowns using Calico & Polyester Lining (darn! Need to buy more Calico fabrics for the mock-ups!) after I'm done with Myrtle's Vest.

Frankly, the irony about this LOTR Costuming project is that my Arwen Gowns are being send to the seamtress while I'm doing my friends' Boromir and Galadriel Costumes. Wait, it's because my Arwen Gowns uses expansive Velvet (anything costing more than SGD6/m is expansive) so I can't afford to cock-up. @__@ Hai . . . just hope Danny, Faiz and others don't pop up the question of asking me to do their costumes too. My sewing skills still sucks big time until I polish up my skills and attend an intermediate sewing class!

Hai . . . I really wonder, for my LOTR Team this Dec Cosplay, are we growing in no. too fast? Moogle keep pestering her friends to join the team. I got nothing much against that but is she sure they are serious about this? To take up this kind of "cosplay" is a commitment; you shouldn't pull back unless the elements defeated you (like how I was, thanks to my previous seamstress! >__< Will dissect her alive when I find her! ). Here's the latest character taken by them:
-Elrond
-Celeborn
-Merry
-Pippin

Fine, the Hobbits you can throw the costumes together (or rent it) but the Elves? Their costumes requires extensive researchs and expansive fabrics. Are they willing to pay the price? Elrond and Celeborn costumes can't be done cheaply, especially with Moogle leading them when she herself don't want to spend big bucks on her own Legolas. Just look at Sena, she told me her material for Legolas' Inner Tunic already cost her SGD50++++, haven't account for the other parts and tailoring cost.

I can have my Arwen Gowns done cause I know I can afford it; spending big bucks on the materials and tailoring cost. And I had forgo many things in life for them (like more SW Action Figures >__< Gimme my Maul & Vader Figurings!!! >__< ). And I don't buy branded clothes or eat out. And I have the basic knowledge of using good substitudes for the materials I can't afford. I also did extensive research on the costumes (although I don't do the sewing in the end) and search far and wide for sources of the best materials. But for them, this is gonna be their first costume; are they willing to save for it, even with my guidance? Hai . . .I just don't know.

Will have to see what happened next. Just hope they are not taking the place of others who can do it but can't now cause the roles had been taken.


Here's a quiz I took just now:

bow
Bow.


What is your ideal Fantasy weapon?
brought to you by Quizilla

Elves influence as usually. Pity no Sith Lord Influence. -__^

My nose is sniffing now. Think I'll just take out the panel pieces and go to sleep instead . . .IF I can fall asleep. My bedtime lately is 4-6am! @__@

Must remember to bring back Mini Maul from Korriban. I need my Financial Officer again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home