The Bitterness Of Mortality Is Mine 2 Endure. . .

I Choose A Mortal Life For You, Estel . . . . For Now . . . And For Eternity . . .

Friday, April 25, 2003

Remembered It! ^__^
I was suppose to ramble about this idea I got about how to get the Elven Silver, High Neck Outfit Coat Fabric done. Since that Linen Durek is too bloody expansive and a bit too stiff for the Coat, I've thot of using Satin Back Crepe instead. What I can do is to give is some sparely sprays of Krylon Glitter Spray (Silver) to achieve the Silvery Tint seen on the fabric. So as soon as I have to money to spare, I better get a can of the spray and test it on the Satin Back Crepe I gotten last year. Then if it works, off to Arab Street to argue and pester the seller at that Chinese Cloth Shop until I gotten the correct bolt of White Satin Back Crepe, followed by a little bargaining to get a lower price. How much do I need? About 10m of both the Satin and Acetate Lining, I think.

As for the Inner Dress, think it'll be Japanese Crepe Satin as, as usual, I want the drape that Silky Satin can't give me. For the Crack Lines design on it, no choice but to use one of those "expansive" Laces. Must check the price when I next go to Arab Street. I may forgo using it for the sleeves though to cut cost further (anyhow, I don't mind the sleeves being a little see-thru). Instead, I could add some of those Lace Pieces I got the other day since I got more than enough for Jeanette's Gown. Unless of course, I found an alternative to it at Arab Street (meaning a new bolt of new fabric comes in) or at Chinatown (didn't go looking the other day) or somewhere else. -__^

Man! This gonna be the most expansive Hari Raya clothes I ever had! Must sell off those stuffs I had collected and want to sell off! -__^

Oh, looking through the pictures at The Council Of Elrond, I fall in love with this dress.

Yes, SUE ME! Not sure why I want to have this dress on me; maybe it's me being influence by Kurama and her Arwen Illustration Dress; maybe because the dress design is very simple, maybe because I got a Long Blonde Wig and gonna order one like Galadriel for Jeanette and my Eowyn (Parish want to buy back my current Blonde Wig). Hmm, to have it tailor out or do a gamble and sew it myself since I got a few patterns of similar design to it at hand. If I tailor it out, doubt it will cost more than SGD60 cause it's only 1 layer, shun for the double sleeves. Okay, this is what I most likely will use for it:
Whole Dress- Japanese Crepe Satin or Satin Back Crepe (Lavender color; ~4.5m cause I want a 1' train at the back)
Outer Sleeves- Double Georgette (White; Cause I want it to be not too sheer since the upper sleeve will probably not be covered by the Satin)
Gold Trimmings (On Skirt)- Gold Ribbons (3/4"-1" wide?)
Gold Trimmings (On Sleeves & Collar)- Some Beautiful Gold Trimmings (~3/4" wide)

Well, I'm gonna print out the picture after this and maybe draw out the basic design tonite or tomolo. I'll probably make the front a simple design, like normal dress or use a bit from the Arwen Illustration Dress design. I'll probably seek some advice from my friends at Off The Valar Forum and later from the LOTR Costume ML. -__^ No hurry to do this gown; it'll probably be after July when I had gotten my Sword from Danny and freed my money from POSBank grip (calculated how much I should get anyway; SGD1,146! @__@ ).

Okay, to finish going through my mail, then print out the pictures and maybe sleep. Need to wake up a little earlier tomolo to see if I can go to Spotlight Tampinese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home